Thursday, March 10, 2011

Things that constantly amaze me...

I gave myself frostbite!!!

Yikes, right? Well, it's actually frost-burn, to be specific, and it's 2nd degree. I sure hope it goes away. As many of you with PN(E) know, ice really helps neuropathic pain. Well, I got these lovely new ice packs that just hang out there, and I don't listen to the old wrap them in paper towel or use only for 20 minutes rule. Whoops!! Big whoops. I have these grayish-brown burns on the skin covering my Alcock's canal, more prominent on the right than the left (boy, I sound like a Potter MRI report!) My friend is really into homeopathy, and gave me Arnica mixed with Witch Hazel. So far, no increase in pain, but no decrease. And I can't use the ice for like 2 weeks!! Ughhhh!! What will I do? Ouch. So, I say this as a warning. Don't get too used to that nice ice feeling. You could be frostbiting your darn crotch off!

Anyways, as an aside, I was on my feet from 10-230 yesterday and did good! No real increase in pain, and I felt like I was walking, dare I say, close to normal??? It's funny, as I am saying this, I just got a major nerve zap, and I haven't had one for over a week, OUCH!!! Grrrrrr......

If anyone can get me good airline ticket prices, I want to go to the Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival in Mobile, AL . I find it hard to believe that due my misfortune, when my browser closed yesterday by accident, the ticket prices had TRIPLED in one minute. I got to talk to Peggy over in Timbuktu and he/she assured me that they had no control over it.

A friend with PNE has been fortunate to go to 3 revival services. She has yet to be healed. I'm so proud of her for going though, because I'm SURE God revealed so much to her through those services. I hope He confirmed in her heart that she will INDEED be healed of this awful disease. A lot of people are wondering why I feel the need to go to an out of state revival when "revival starts in our hearts." Well, I want to be in the presence of people who are mostly dead to themselves and want all of God that they can. I want to hear the rushing winds of the Holy Spirit. I want to see signs and wonders (yes, I know, they can be done locally... we just need to exercise those gifts more and get "out of the box.") I want my faith to be taken to a HIGHER level. I LOVE TO WORSHIP. I want to worship for hours and hours. I would pray God gives me the stamina to worship for hours. I love to be in His presence. I love to SING!! (DUH) I would love to have worship go on forever. I'm excited for Heaven.

Okay, so I know this post got wayyy off of PNE, but you all know I am a Christian. Recently, my husband and I came across some clips off YouTube of the Brownsville revival from the late 90's. This one struck my heart and made me cry.




2 comments:

Purpose of Pain said...

Ouch! Sorry about the ice burns :( I hope you continue to feel good enough to attend the revival services. I long for the day to travel again for pleasure or service to the Lord rather than just Dr.'s appointments, but I guess that too is serving the Lord since God calls us to also "suffer for him" Philippians 1:29

drds89 said...

JJ&A you remain in constant prayer for total healing. Aloe vera (actual plant or clear gel) worked great on my 'frostbite' when left ice pack on my back too long last year. It heals many types of burns, wounds, etc so fast.
Blessings in His Name!