Sunday, August 7, 2011

My new mantra...

I am not giving up. Some may choose to accept this as their lot in life. I can't. There is something within me that will not allow me to accept this as my lot for the rest of my life. I am 30 years old.


Yes, I have struggled for 3 years now. I have had so many pelvic procedures I can't even count them all. I AM NOT GIVING UP. I think I am blogging this so I can preach to myself. DON'T GIVE UP!!!! YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Lately, I've been struggling with my identity. I used to be J the singer, J the performer, J the super-wife, J the voice teacher, J the worship leader, J the gospel choir member, J the daughter, J the sister, J the friend.....

Far too often, I am J, the young lady who suffers with this rare, hidden, debilitating nerve injury.

This has got to stop.

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a daughter of the King, of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am saved by grace, and not by my own works. I am ALIVE!!!!

Really?

Am I alive?

Where are you, J?

My prayer is that when the Lord so chooses to reveal to me my healing and wholeness, that He wipes away any false identities assigned to me by the enemy of my soul.

Lord, let it be now.

3 comments:

Dad said...

He is with you every step of the way.. Do not give up hope.. Never......... there will be a cure.. You are precious..... we love you....... you are important.. you are raising a wonderful daughter...... and you are a wonderful wife.

ps. you still sing better than me... love dad

Dad said...

Hang in there. Your struggle is our struggle........ You are not alone..... love dad

Pudendal Mom said...

I can relate to this so much. Pain turns you into someone you're not, a person crouching and avoiding the pangs of this awful disorder. Thank you so much for sharing.