Monday, February 14, 2011

Love

Happy Valentine's Day! Another Hallmark holiday... eat some chocolate if you can, tell each other how much you adore one another, make love, and move on....

Right.

It doesn't work that way in the PN'rs life. Love is challenging. For singles, it is a love wished for-- "will I ever find someone to love me like I am?" For couples, it is often without traditional intimacy, thus leading to frustration, anger, longing, depression, hoping, dreaming, WAITING.....

Oh...... WHEN WILL I BE HEALED? Make me whole....

I want to experience love again. We are learning a whole new way to love. It isn't easy. It comes with tremendous frustration, effort, all of the above. It has to come from both sides. There has to be a deliberateness to make it work. This is so foreign.

I have always been a hopeless romantic. I have loved this song ever since my Dad suggested it for J and I's wedding. I've always loved Babs (Barbra Streisand). What a phenomenal instrument God has blessed her with. Enjoy the sappiness of it. And don't give up hope. I am preaching to myself here too.

No comments: