Saturday, January 29, 2011

Too happy not to share

I've been feeling better.
Let me say that again:
I'VE BEEN FEELING BETTER!!!!!

God, please don't let this stop. I am still getting the nerve zaps, you know, those electric shock lovelies that split you in two?? The pain that frozen ice cubes applied against bare skin does not dull? Okay, you get it. I still get them. But, I am doing more. I drove this week. I bought new bedding at Target. Reclined like an old rapper from the 90's in my hooped up Jetta cause I don't want to put pressure or strain on the nerve. That's about the only way I can sit.... either that way, or on a completely hard piano bench at my inlaws. I've been off narcotics for over 2 weeks now. Still on Lyrica 2x a day, Valium 2x a day, and Amitriptyline at night. Oh, and the 'zac (That's Prozac, people) once in the morning. I take a bazillion vitamins: High Potency B-12 complex for nerve health (in drop form, under the tongue), a B complex pill, Vitamin D3 (thanks, Pianogal!), a multivitamin, Ester-C (non-acidic for those IC sufferers out there ), oh and I still take my probiotics, Miralax (although less and less), and docusate sodium (lets face it... I'm too scared to have a difficult #2. My poor nerve needs babied all it can!

Yes, there's a few times this week I've been laid up with some ice. There's never a day I don't ice at night. But I'm noticing now that I get out the ice LATER and LATER in the day. I'm doing Transverse Abdominus exercises out my wazoo. I can't do much else from PT (still causes instant tingling/burning in vulvar area when I squeeze my glutes), but I am trying to be more conscientious about walking without a sway back (like I'm still pregnant). My knees have callouses on them from chasing around after A..... haha. Who cares. It's my baby girl. If I can play with her for a few minutes, my kneecaps can suffer. What's that compared to pudendal pain?

Most importantly, I have been PRAYING and BELIEVING for YOUR HEALING. All of those of you that go to the forums, read my blogs, don't read my blog, whatever. I still call out your name in prayer. I've never been a good "pray-er". God's teaching me. Hallelujah. Who cares how, right? That's what's so good about praying in the Spirit:

Romans 8:26 (New King James Version)

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us [a] with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Yes, I'm a pentecostal, holy-rolling (I've never actually rolled, haha) Christian. But, even those of you who I'm friends with who aren't pentecostal and holy rollin' (again, LOL) still love me, right? And that's okay. You can still love me. You don't have to agree w/ me, but you can still love me, just like I love you. And I will still pray for you. I will still believe.


I am not giving up this PNE fight. Peace.


1 comment:

P said...

LOVE this post. That's super exciting about the driving and sitting on the piano bench. Baby steps are huge at this point.
Thanks for sharing!