Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Great Encouragement from fellow PNEr!

My friend, A, who is on the other side of the country and who is a young mom like myself who is fighting PNE, sent me a link to a great devotional today. Everything reminds me of sung scripture, so of course I had a song for it!

Here is the link to the devotional:


And here is my video for it!!!









Basically, what I took away from it was this:

Dear child of God, are you with a promise today, regarding your life, your future, your family and your ministry. You just saw it fall down from heaven, but you do not see anything happening yet. God wants to remind you that His words will not return to him empty, it will accomplish the purpose for which it was sent. You might not see it right now. Its working out its purpose…first of all, God is training you, preparing others, changing your environment, creating new opportunities, changing the laws of the country…you never know what God has in mind. If God has promised you a ministry so that you will be a channel to bring forth salvation to the ends of the earth, He will do so. Every encouraging letter you write, every exhortation you say, every devotion you post, every message you speak will not go in vain. You might not see the people you are influencing or the changes you are making in their lives through Jesus Christ, but it will perform its purpose and one day you will see many saved across the world, through you. Let me encourage you with this verse from the bible “For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. ” (Habakkuk 2:3)

So, what I am doing now, going through the pain, the hell, the misery, the tears, the... the... EVERYTHING..... will accomplish the purpose for which it was sent (Isaiah 55:11). I liked the part about how "God is training you, preparing others, changing your environment, creating new opportunities...."

Wow. While the pain still flourishes in the same way that last night's post depicted in its pictures, I guess my focus has shifted a bit for tonight. And I even got to rock A to bed and sing her "Nobody Knows De Trouble I've Seen." Glory! Hallelujah.

No comments: